Welcome to the CAPPE Website
The mission of Citizens Against the Pellissippi Parkway Extension (CAPPE) is to educate the public about issues regarding the impacts of the Pellissippi Parkway Extension.
CAPPE is a non-profit citizens group opposed to the Pellissippi Parkway Extension. CAPPE supporters are Blount County residents and other concerned citizens who believe this interstate highway is not needed, wastes state resources, and will have negative impacts on the area along the route and on the quality of life in Blount County as a whole.
Please visit the Mission page to read more about our concerns.
- CAPPE Annual Rural Preservation Party was on August 27.
It was a great time!
- At the February 22, 2016 Annual Meeting, five Directors - including two new Directors - were elected to CAPPE's
Board for two-year terms. Please see the "Announcements & Special Events" section for details. The four other directors
continue to serve their terms.
- We enjoyed fifteen excellent chilis at
CAPPE's 14th Annual ChiliFest
on February 6.
Thank you for your continuing support of CAPPE!
If you're not already a member, learn more about CAPPE Membership. We welcome you!
Help us preserve the rural character of Blount County - please join CAPPE today.
TDOT released the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) in 2010.
- Read an introduction to the DEIS here: About the TDOT Draft Environmental Impact Statement - CAPPE.
- Read CAPPE's Summary Analysis of the DEIS and supporting technical material.
- Read TDOT's Draft Environmental Impact Statement. A copy is also available at the Blount County Public Library.