CAPPE CHILI FEST 2016
We enjoyed fifteen excellent chilis at CAPPE's 14th Annual ChiliFest on February 6. We appreciate all who entered and express our gratitude to the volunteer judges, contributors to the bake sale, our tortilla chefs and the general public for coming to taste chilis and vote for the People's Choice. Thank you for your continuing support of CAPPE!
Entries and winners:
- Stacy Clark - Meatless Wonder Chili- BEST VEGETARIAN
- Sheri Liles - Liles' Vegetarian Chili with smoked gouda - PEOPLE'S CHOICE
- Ingrid Haun - Road Less Traveled
- Brad Ansley - Happy Veggie Valley Chili
- Dave Griffin - Black Pot Shrimp Chili
- Lee Franks - Cajun Andouille Sausage Chili
- Lisa Overly - Turkey Three Bean Chili
- Mother Earth Meats - Alaskan Thunder - BEST OTHER MEATS
- Will Donovan - Cannellini Chicken Chili
- Will Pogue - The Reelfoot Duck Special Chili
- Cathie Golden - Worth Her Weight in Gold
- Bill Busser - Poppa's Chili
- Geoff Riggin - Chili - A New Dawn
- Shanda Keller - Short Rib Chili- BEST BEEF and GOOD as GOLD
- Susan Kelller - Kelmont Farms Chili
Sheri Liles, winner of People's Choice, with Board president Jay Clark and Board treasurer Marian Fitzgerald
Shanda Keller winner of Best Beef and Good as Gold!
David Spradlin of Mother Earth Meats, winner of Best Other Meat Chili
Brien and Dee Ann Ostby tasting the chilis
Chili is good for you!
Cathie Golden gives Lucy Henighan a taste
ChiliFest is for all ages
Dave Griffin's Black Pot Shrimp Chili is almost gone!
Deanne Brice tries two chilis - Poppa's, made by her dad, Bill Busser, and A New Dawn , made by Goeff Riggin
Emily and Wendy Guillaume enjoying the variety of chilis
Famous bake sale
The quesadilla chefs
The younger generation pulls door prize tickets
Trying to decide which chili is the best!
Two Wills serving Cannellini Chicken and Reelfoot Duck chilis
Fran Ansley tries Lee Franks' Cajun Andouille sausage chili
Judge Matt Burr doing his best
Judge Rene Zimmer concentrating on his task
Judge Terry Bunder has a system